Social media and plastic surgery – level 1
Social media change how people see themselves.
Many social media have filters. These filters change how people look. They can make the nose smaller or the skin brighter. Users see that they could look different. Experts say that some filters make people look too beautiful. But beauty trends quickly change.
Since the pandemic, people spend more time on camera. They want to look better. Plastic surgery procedures become more popular. In the past, only rich people can have plastic surgery. These days, almost anyone can have it.
Experts say that people must be careful. Some doctors change their profession. They become plastic surgeons, but they do not have enough skills or training.
Difficult words: beauty trend (what people find beautiful), plastic surgery procedure (when a doctor called a plastic surgeon changes something on a patient’s body), skill (when someone can do something well).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are people's thoughts about social media filters?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.