SpaceX Astronauts Return – level 2
Four NASA and SpaceX crew astronauts left the International Space Station. They wanted to return to Earth in a small spaceship. The return was the first splashdown at night for NASA astronauts since 1968.
They returned at night because there were high winds in the day. Parachutes helped them land safely in the ocean, and boats waited there to get the astronauts. The mission was only the second manned mission for SpaceX.
Difficult words: crew (the people who work a vehicle like a plane, spaceship, or boat), splashdown (when you land in water), manned (when people control a vehicle).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos