SpaceX Astronauts Return – level 3
Four NASA and SpaceX crew astronauts left the International Space Station to return to Earth in the Dragon capsule. The return was the first splashdown in the dark for NASA astronauts since 1968 and the Apollo 8 mission.
They decided to return in the dark because high winds scuttled the other return attempts. With the help of parachutes, they landed safely in the ocean after a six and a half hour trip, while boats waited for them to recover the astronauts. The mission was only the second manned flight for SpaceX.
Difficult words: capsule (a small part of a spaceship where people stay), splashdown (a landing in water), scuttle (to stop something from happening), manned (when people control a vehicle).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos