Spanish village changes name – level 1
Last week, a village in southern Spain changes its name. The old name of the village is Fuentes de Andalucia. The new name is Ukraine. The village will keep the new name during Easter.
Officials also change the names of some streets. The streets have names of Ukrainian cities. Officials want to make people aware about the war in Ukraine.
The village is about 4,000 kilometers from Ukraine. 7,100 people live there. They want to help.
They raise money for a special center for the Ukrainian people. They raise 3,500 euros in two days. Up to 25 Ukrainian people can stay in the center.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.