Special Delivery – level 2
The Chinese company, Neolix, invented special vans that do not have a driver. Neolix started to use these vans during the coronavirus epidemic. They deliver things to hospitals and they help disinfect streets.
The US fast food company, KFC, has done business with Neolix. Neolix´s vans drive along the streets and they offer food. To buy the food is very easy. Customers scan a code with their phones, and they choose the food which they want in an app. When they pay, the van’s door opens and they take the food out.
Before the coronavirus pandemic, people did not like cars without a driver. Now, the situation has changed and people see the benefits of them. Experts say that these special vans could help develop other vehicles which do not need a driver, for example, public buses.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.