Special Statue in Manchester – level 1
Something unusual happens at the Manchester Museum. An Egyptian statue rotates. People see it. They want to know why it happened.
They have cameras. One camera takes pictures of the statue. It is there for some time. It takes many pictures.
People put a machine by the statue. The machine feels vibrations. The vibrations come from the street. Buses can cause vibration. When there is a vibration, the statue rotates.
Difficult words: unusual (not normal), rotate (move around), vibration (when something moves a little).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What could be the cause of the vibrations that make the statue rotate?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos