Special tennis in Sydney – level 2
Roger Federer and Lleyton Hewitt were in speedboats and played tennis under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The game between the boats was a warm-up for a friendly match at the Opera House.
The event promoted the new Fast4 Tennis which people showed on TV for the first time. The design of Fast4 Tennis is for busy people. It speeds up the game and simplifies it.
Difficult words: warm-up (an exercise which is a preparation for an activity), promote (to make more popular), simplify (to make something simpler).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you watch tennis on TV?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.