Speedboat Is Out Of Control – level 2
A sailor was trying to tie up his boat when he accidentally knocked the throttle. The boat started moving and threw the man overboard.
The six-metre-long speedboat began to move in a circle. Luckily, somebody spotted the boat and let others know. Lifeboat crew got a line aboard the boat and managed to reduce the speed.
The owner of the boat got safely to shore, but he had to go to hospital.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have a speedboat?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.