Spider web music – level 1
A spider web is a net that spiders make. The net is sticky. Spiders use it for catching flies, beetles, and other animals.
The net is very strong. It is from silk. Silk is five times stronger than steel. Scientists study spider webs. It is possible that they will help in building in the future.
Also, scientists study other things. A computer program makes a 3D model of a net. It changes it into music. Scientists think that spiders can hear this music. It is very unusual. People cannot hear these sounds. Spiders can.
Scientists hope that one day, they will understand spiders.
Difficult words: sticky (when something stays on your hands when you touch it), silk (a very strong material which some animals make, and people use it to make clothes), steel (a strong metal), 3D (when something is not thin like a piece of paper, but it has a top and bottom, a front and back, and two sides).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos