Spiderman Climbs up a Tall Building – level 2
Alain Robert is a 58-year-old French urban climber. He has climbed many of the world´s tallest buildings. People call him ´Spiderman´ because he does not use ropes.
In 2018, Robert climbed the Heron Tower, which is a 755-foot tall skyscraper in London. Police arrested him shortly after the stunt, and later, a court banned Robert from climbing any building in the UK.
Last week, Robert climbed one of the tallest buildings in Frankfurt, Germany. The building was 545 feet tall, and Robert did not use ropes. He wore a silver suit and cowboy boots, and it took him only 30 minutes to get to the top. German rail company had offices in the building, and the company complained to the police because they did not give Robert permission to climb the building.
Difficult words: urban climber (a person who climbs buildings, usually without any equipment), stunt (a dangerous action that many people watch), permission (when someone officially allows somebody else to do something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.