Spiderwebs cover parts of Australia – level 2
Heavy rains and strong winds hit southeastern Australia last week. Several people died and thousands had to leave their homes but not only people.
Many people noticed white spiderwebs which covered large parts of the area. Some people found them beautiful, but for some, they were scary. The bad weather forced spiders to leave, and they did it with the help of these webs. The webs kept them off the ground and safe from the water. Spiders then used the webs to fly away with the wind.
The spiders were the so-called Red and Black Spiders, and they were harmless to people.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.