Sport Stacking – level 1
Sport Stacking is a type of sport. It is only 36 years old. People stack 12 plastic cups in the sport. The cups must be stacked into a pyramid. Also, you must be fast. The faster you are, the better.
Athletes from Taiwan win 11 gold medals at the World Championship. A 15-year-old girl wins four of them. Her best time is 5.615 seconds. She says that this is the high point in her career. She is under a lot of stress. She tries to keep calm. She wants to get even better.
Taiwan hosts the next World Championship in Cowshung City.
Difficult words: stack (to put things on one another), high point (the best time), host (to organise).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.