Sport Stacking – level 2
People first played a Sport Stacking in the early 1980s. The aim of the game is to stack a set of 12 plastic cups into a pyramid in as little time as possible.
Athletes from the Taiwanese World Sport Stacking Association won 11 gold medals at the World Championship. A 15-year-old girl won four of the medals herself. Her best time is 5.615 seconds. She says that this is the high point in her career. She says that she is under a lot of pressure, but she is trying to keep calm and get even better.
The young athletes practise together once a month. For the rest of the time, they practise on their own. One seven-year-old girl says that she spends an hour a day practicing.
Taiwan will host the next World Championship in Cowshung City.
Difficult words: stack (to put things on one another), association (a group of people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.