Spotify costs more – level 3
Spotify has increased the prices of its premium plans for users in the US and the UK, as well as in many other countries, in an effort to improve profits during uncertain economic times.
The price hike means a rise of 1 dollar to 2 dollars for premium plans in the US, now ranging from 5.99 to 16.99 dollars. The company stated that these updates are aimed at providing continued value to fans and artists on their platform. To enhance margins, Spotify has undertaken layoffs and restructured its podcast unit, which was heavily invested in.
This move aligns with a trend in the industry, as other streaming services like Apple, Amazon, Tidal, and YouTube Premium have also raised their prices.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are the implications of streaming services raising their prices on user loyalty and what strategies have they employed to ensure continued value for both fans and artists?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.