Spring in Mexico – level 1
It is the spring equinox. Mexicans celebrate it. They visit the pyramids of Teotihuacan. The pyramids are 40 kilometres from Mexico City.
People ask for peace and harmony. Many people walk up the Pyramid of the Sun. They want to get its energy.
People also wear white clothing. They believe that the clothing can help them get energy from the sun.
Difficult words: equinox (the date when the day is as long as the night), peace and harmony (no war, no fighting; when everything is good), believe (if you believe something, you think that it is true).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.