Spring in Mexico – level 2
Mexicans were celebrating the spring equinox. Thousands of them visited the pyramids of Teotihuacan. They are located 40 kilometres from Mexico City.
A visitor to the pyramids said that he was asking for peace and harmony. Many people climbed the Pyramid of the Sun to receive its energy.
People also wore white clothing. They believe that it can help them receive positive energy from the sun.
Difficult words: equinox (the date when the day is as long as the night), climb (go up), receive (get).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.