Spring in Mexico – level 3
Thousands of Mexicans have been visiting the pyramids of Teotihuacan, located 40 kilometres outside of Mexico City. They are celebrating the spring equinox, hoping to receiving new energy for the rest of the year.
A visiting teacher said that the people were asking for peace and harmony of the spirit with the universe because people are part of it and cannot destroy it. Many people climbed the Pyramid of the Sun to receive its energy and wore white clothing, as they believed that it would help them receive positive energy from the sun.
Difficult words: equinox (the date when day and night are of equal length).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.