Spy in China – level 2
Government in China captured a spy. He told officials that a woman contacted him on the internet. She paid him to subscribe to secret military publications.
The man leaked 13 top secret documents and other information about military bases. The total number of pieces of information was around 2,000.
The USA spied on China, so China is working to increase its security.
Difficult words: official (somebody who is in a position of authority), subscribe (to get a magazine regularly), leak (to give secret information).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you know any spies?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.