Squid and Chips – level 3
Britain’s fish and chips is a world-famous dish, but soon it could become a thing of the past. Scientists say that the fish may need to be replaced by squid to protect cod populations.
Warmer sea temperatures have contributed to a drop in cod and haddock numbers while squid numbers are growing rapidly in the seas around Britain.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.