Star Wars in London – level 3
Last Thursday, Stormtroopers marched on London to mark the release of “Rogue One”, a new “Stars Wars” film. People spotted the Galactic Empire army on the London Underground early in the morning, taking passers-by by surprise.
The costumed Star Wars fans were on their way to a private screening of the new spin-off, visiting a number of famous sights, including the Millennium Bridge.
Difficult words: galactic (related to space and the galaxy), spot (see), spin-off (a film with a story from a fictional world which has been already created in the original films).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos