Starbucks and the Planet – level 3
Around nine million tons of plastic end up in the world’s oceans every year. Campaigners are calling for a complete end to single-use plastic usage where possible and Starbucks has agreed to do its bit.
The largest food and drink company pledged to stop using plastic straws in all of its locations within two years.
Difficult words: do its bit (do something to help such as save the planet).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos