Starship spacecraft explodes – level 2
Company SpaceX developed Starship for missions to the moon and other planets. Last week, Starship took off from a launch site in Texas.
The plan was a flight that would last 90 minutes and then the rocket would land in Hawaii. But shortly after the take-off, the spacecraft exploded. 2.5 minutes into the flight, the spacecraft broke apart, and SpaceX reported a lost signal. This is probably the reason why the rocket destructed itself.
For SpaceX, the test was important for improving Starship. The company has a 4-billion contract with NASA and it still believes in future missions to the moon and Mars using reusable rockets. It was the craft’s second test following an explosion in April.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures have SpaceX taken to prevent similar accidents in future tests of Starship?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.