Stolen Violin Returns – level 1
Antonin Stradivari is the most famous violin maker. He makes violins a long time ago. About 550 of his violins exist now. One violin is called the Ames Stradivarius. He makes it in 1734. It is worth millions of dollars.
A musician owns the violin. Someone steals it from him. This is in 1980.
Years later, the thief shows his ex-wife the violin. In 2015, she takes the violin to an expert. They find out that it is the Ames Stradivarius.
The violin returns to the owner’s family.
Difficult words: to be worth something (have a price), own (have something), thief (a criminal who takes thing from people), owner (a person who has something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.