Stomach Full of Knives – level 1
This news is about a man. He is from India. He has a road accident. He gets better. He picks up a bad habit. He starts swallowing knives.
Some time later, he goes to hospital. He has a stomach ache. He does not tell the doctors about the knives. The doctors look inside his stomach. They see the knives.
The doctors ask the man about them. He says that there are 28 of them. Doctors operate on the man. They take out the knives. There are 40 of them.
Difficult words: pick up (start), habit (something that you regularly do), swallow (put something in your mouth and let it go down to your stomach).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos