Stopped Terror Attack – level 3
Police in the Netherlands say that they have foiled an attempt to commit a major terrorist attack when they arrested seven suspects aged between 21 and 34.
Intelligence services say that the ringleader wanted to hit a large event ‘with lots of victims’, planning to use assault rifles, grenades and a car bomb.
Difficult words: foil (prevent, stop from happening), attempt (trying to do something), suspect (a person who is thought to be guilty of a crime), ringleader (a person who leads an illegal activity), assault rifle (a type of big gun).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.