Storm in India – level 2
Powerful cyclone Fani hit the state of Odisha in India around 8 a.m. last Friday. It brought heavy rain and wind speeds of up to more than 193 kilometres per hour.
It is the strongest storm to hit India in decades, and at least three people died on Friday. Around 1.2 million people had to evacuate and move to shelters. Classes at schools cancelled and airports closed.
The storm got a little weaker when it hit land, and meteorologists say that it is going to get weaker as it moves towards Bangladesh.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.