Strange robbery in North London – level 1
This happens in North London. A criminal robs a shop. The criminal enters the shop. He goes up to the owner of it.
He starts to touch the owner. He talks to the man, too. The owner stops moving. He does not know what is happening. The criminal checks his pockets. He takes the man’s money. All of this takes him only 50 seconds.
Then the criminal leaves. The owner wakes up from his trance.
Difficult words: rob (when somebody steals something), owner (a person who has something), trance (when you do not see what is happening).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think happened?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos