Strange robbery in North London – level 2
A security camera filmed an unusual robbery in a shop in North London. The criminal entered the shop and started touching and talking to the shopkeeper.
Within a few seconds, the shopkeeper froze. He seemed to be fascinated. He did not know what was happening. The robber went through the man’s pockets and stole the day’s takings. The whole robbery took only 50 seconds.
After the criminal left, the man realised what happened. He was unaware of the quick robbery when it was happening.
Difficult words: shopkeeper (the owner and manager of a shop), takings (the amount of money earned by a business), unaware (when you do not know about something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think happened?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.