Strike in South Korea – level 2
More than 40,000 South Korean workers are on strike. They come from different industries. For example, workers from Hyundai are on strike.
The government is pushing a new wage system. The government bases the wage system on a worker’s performance, not a worker’s position or seniority. Workers are trying to put a stop to this.
The government says that it is doing this to improve on low levels of productivity.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.