Students lost in Turkish mountains – level 1
This news is about three students. They study in Istanbul. They go for a hike. They plan it for one day.
They are in the mountains. The weather gets bad. They get lost. They are in the mountains for eight days. They do not have enough food. They must eat insects.
One student has a phone. Its battery is almost dead, but he makes a phone call. He calls for help. The Turkish army comes. It saves the students.
Difficult words: hike (a difficult walk), insect (a small animal with six legs).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos