Successful test of Hyperloop – level 1
Hyperloop could be the future of transportation. People test its prototype. They test it in the Nevada desert. The test is successful. It goes from 0 to 187 kilometres per hour in one second.
That is very fast. The real Hyperloop can be even faster. It can be as fast as the speed of sound. The journey in California from San Francisco to Los Angeles could take just 30 minutes.
Hyperloop will use special tubes. Air will slow down the things that move. There is almost no air in the tubes.
Difficult words: prototype (the first model), journey (a trip), tube (a long thing with space in it).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.