Successful test of Hyperloop – level 2
The prototype of Hyperloop completed its first successful test in the Nevada desert. A sled on a special track accelerated to 187 kilometres per hour in just over one second.
If Hyperloop becomes a reality, it will be much faster. It will move people through low-pressure tubes at the speed of sound. It could be the future of transport.
In California, the journey from San Francisco to Los Angeles will take just 30 minutes. The system will be fully autonomous and electricity will power it.
Difficult words: sled (a thin vehicle), accelerate (to move quickly), autonomous (self-managing).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.