Sugar in hot drinks – level 2
Analysis showed how much sugar is in hot drinks. An example is that a can of coke has an average of 9 teaspoons of sugar, but that’s nothing compared to Caffe Nero’s Caramel Latte with 13 teaspoons of sugar.
A Costa Chai Latte has 20 teaspoons of sugar, and the worst offender is a Starbucks’s hot mulled fruit drink with 25 teaspoons of sugar. That is three times more sugar than you should have in one day!
Most sugar is in mochas and lattes. Costa and Starbucks say that they want to reduce the sugar in these drinks, but for now, it may be better for you to choose drinks with less sugar.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What options are available for people that still want to enjoy a hot drink but with less sugar?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.