Superhero Window Cleaners – level 3
There is not much fun in being ill, but three window cleaners at the children’s ward of one hospital in London know how to cheer the little patients up.
Superman, Batman and Spiderman abseil down the glass building, spreading smiles floor by floor. The superheroes than take pictures with the children.
The man dressed as Batman later said that he enjoys the task. In fact, his son (who was dressed as Spiderman) was the superhero’s fan as well, and if he had been in hospital not feeling well, seeing Spiderman would have made his day.
Difficult words: ward (a section of a building), abseil (climb a rope down).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you clean windows?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos