Supermarkets go green – level 1
Supermarkets go green. Green means that their business is more friendly to the natural world. Tesco is Britain’s biggest supermarket. The company has a plan. The company wants to be carbon neutral by 2035.
The company must change many things. Some products can be more expensive. Customers do not like it. Only a few customers care about the natural world. Most customers care about prices.
Investors say that supermarkets must go green. Investors are people who put their money into businesses. Then, they make money. Investors want to make money. It is a very difficult situation for supermarkets.
Tesco is changing now. The company uses less plastic. It uses new ways of farming. These ways use less water. It sells unwashed potatoes. These potatoes can stay longer on shelves.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.