Surfing for Everybody – level 1
Surfing makes people happy. However, disabled children cannot surf. Some cannot even go to the ocean. One organisation helps them.
The children have surfing lessons. The lessons happen every month. Around 100 volunteers help the children. The children love to surf! It makes them very happy.
Difficult words: disabled (if you are disabled, your body cannot do some things), volunteer (a person who does something because they want to – not for money).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.