Surfing for Everybody – level 2
Around 40 Australian children with disabilities can now enjoy surfing. This is thanks to 100 volunteers from the Gold Coast Disabled Surfers Association. The surfing lessons are once a month.
Many children do not have a chance to come to the beach. This can be the first time in the ocean for them, and they love it!
Difficult words: disability (if you have a disability, your body cannot do some things), volunteer (a person who does something because they want to – not for money), disabled (if you have a disability, you are disabled).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos