Surfing for Everybody – level 3
Around 40 Australian children with disabilities can enjoy surfing lessons once a month, thanks to volunteers from the Gold Coast Disabled Surfers Association.
The mother of a four-year-old child who was born with cerebral palsy was happy to see her son have a great time. She said that she had never seen him so happy apart from the time when he went horse riding.
One of the volunteers said that many of the children do not get a chance to come to the beach, so sometimes this is the first time that they have ever been in the ocean.
Difficult words: cerebral palsy (a disability in muscle coordination caused by damage to the brain before or at birth).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos