Sweden and Coronavirus – level 1
The coronavirus changes peoples’ lives. They cannot go to shops, cinemas, or restaurants. They must follow strict rules. However, Sweden’s rules are very different.
The Swedish government bans meetings of more than 50 people. Older people must stay home.
Shops and businesses in Sweden are open as usual. People can go to restaurants. People do not need to wear masks.
Life in Sweden looks normal. The government does not want to make strict rules. They say that strict rules are bad for Sweden’s economy. They say they are bad for people, too.
People in Sweden are happy. They do not like strict rules. They believe that Sweden’s strategy is good. However, Sweden has the highest number of COVID-19 deaths from all countries in northern Europe.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.