Sweden and Coronavirus – level 3
Millions of people around the world are moving out from lockdowns, and they are learning how to restart a semi-normal life. However, Sweden´s semi-normal life has been the norm all along.
Unlike nearly every other European country, Sweden never imposed a lockdown. Instead, it banned gatherings of more than 50 people and asked the elderly to quarantine. However, most schools and businesses never closed. Sweden´s strategy was not to force any health guidelines and to minimize the negative economic and social impacts that come with a lockdown.
Swedish people welcomed this approach; however, the data is not pleasing. The country has experienced many more COVID-19 deaths than other northern European countries. Experts say that it is too early to evaluate the impacts on the society and economy, and it is necessary to wait at least one year to be able to judge which countries dealt with the coronavirus the best.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.