Sweden’s oldest DJ – level 2
Madelein Månsson is a 79-year-old Swede who loves music and dancing. And surprisingly, she is a DJ, too!
She was not able to find a suitable place to dance, therefore, she became a DJ and opened her disco for people aged 50 and above. The disco starts at 6 pm, and it allows guests to dance for four hours straight. Madelein encourages everyone to enjoy the music and have fun.
Even after facing challenges, like her husband’s passing, she remains positive and continues DJing. Her story teaches us to try new things and find joy in music, regardless of our age.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What inspired Madelein to become a DJ and open her own disco, and what positive message does her story convey to readers?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.