Sweden’s oldest DJ – level 3
Madelein Månsson, a 79-year-old Swede, defies age stereotypes by becoming a DJ for the 50 and up crowd at her disco.
A former model and fitness coach, her love for music led her to create a space where people her age can dance without feeling out of place. She opens her disco at 6 pm, allowing guests to warm up with a drink before hitting the dance floor for four hours straight. Madelein encourages them to embrace the joy of dancing, ensuring they go home with 20,000 steps on their pedometers. Her positive attitude shines through, inspiring others to step out of their comfort zones.
This sprightly senior, who faced adversity after her husband’s passing, now finds solace and purpose in spreading happiness through music.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What inspired Madelein Månsson to become a DJ at the age of 79 and how has it impacted her life and the lives of others?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.