Swim in the Antarctic – level 2
A British endurance swimmer swam in the Antarctic Ocean. He became the first person to swim at King Edward Cove.
He later explained why he is doing these swims. It is to call for the conservation of wildlife. This was one of his toughest swims because the water was just two degrees centigrade.
The 47-year-old lawyer was in the water for 18 minutes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.