Swim in the Antarctic – level 3
Lewis Pugh, a British endurance swimmer, braved the icy waters of the Antarctic Ocean to call for conservation around the South Sandwich Islands and South Georgia.
He later said that the swim had been one of the toughest he had ever done because the water was just two degrees centigrade. Pugh then explained the reason that he is doing these swims is to highlight how important it is to try and protect the wildlife.
The 47-year-old lawyer successfully completed the daring dip in 18 minutes, and he became the first person to take the plunge at King Edward Cove.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.