Swimmer faints in the pool – level 2
In Budapest, Hungary, 25-year-old artistic swimmer Anita Alvarez fainted during her swim at the world championship.
The incident happened last week, and images of the American swimmer floating in the pool shocked the world. When she started to sink to the bottom of the pool, people knew that she was unconscious. Her coach Andrea Fuentes quickly jumped into the water in her clothes to save her.
Later, the swimmer said that she was feeling great during her performance, but then, she couldn’t feel her fingers. After a while, everything went black, and Alvarez fainted.
It was the second time that the coach saved Alvarez. Last year, the swimmer fainted at an event in Spain, and just like last week, Fuentes jumped into the water to save her.
Difficult words: faint (to feel weak and respond to nothing), go black (to see, hear, feel, taste, and touch nothing), unconscious (a condition where a person looks asleep and does not know what is happening).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.