Syria returns to Arab League – level 1
Bashar al-Assad is the leader of Syria. He returns to the Arab League after 12 years.
He hopes that there will be peace. He wants to cooperate with other countries in the region. Some people do not like him. Parts of Syria are not under his control. Many refugees do not like him either. Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates stop helping the people who fight against Assad. But Western countries still have rules against him.
The meeting is about solving problems in Sudan and Yemen. The Ukrainian president also comes to the meeting. He talks about his peace plan.
Difficult words: peace (the time without a war or fight), cooperate (to work together), rule (what someone must do).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the Ukrainian president's peace plan for solving conflicts?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos