Talking fox from Pakistan – level 1
People come to a zoo. They want to see a mythical creature. This creature has a body of a fox. Its head is human.
A man plays this creature. It is his job. He works every day for 12 hours. He likes it. He makes people happy. When he makes them happy, he is happy too.
The fox can also predict the future. Students come and ask it about their exams.
Difficult words: mythical creature (animal or a person that is not real but exists in legends), predict the future (to tell what is going to happen), exam (test).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to know your future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos