Tattooed Santa – level 1
This news is about a man. He is from Brazil. He is old. He has white hair and a beard. When it is Christmas, he plays Santa Claus. He sits in a shopping centre. Children come to him. They talk to him about Christmas presents.
There is something interesting about the man. He has many tattoos on his body. Ninety-four per cent of his body has tattoos.
Difficult words: beard (hair on a man’s chin), tattoo (picture made out of ink on the skin).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like tattoos?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.