Taylor Swift postpones a concert after a fan’s death – level 1
Singer Taylor Swift postpones her Rio de Janeiro concert. It is too hot.
There is a concert on Friday. Ana Clara Benevides is at the concert. She is 23 years old. She starts to feel sick. She must go to hospital. She dies. The reason is the heat. Swift says that fans, crew, and performers must be safe. The temperature in Rio is 59.7 degrees Celsius. Swift’s full concert has 60,000 people. Organizers move the Saturday show to Monday. Fans are waiting in the heat. They are sad when they hear about the change.
Swift stops singing on Friday to help fans who are not feeling well. Authorities say that there must be water for all people at Swift’s concerts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures are being taken by authorities to ensure the safety of concert-goers in light of the news regarding Ana Clara Benevides' death?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.