Tear Gas in Parliament – level 3
In 2008, Kosovo received its independence from Serbia, and its government is working on being a member of the EU.
There was a meeting and voting on a border deal with Montenegro, which could help Kosovo be part of the EU visa-free travel zone.
The opposition, which is against the deal, threw tear gas into the meeting, and the voting had to be temporarily suspended.
Difficult words: independence (self-government, freedom), EU visa-free travel zone (a law so that European Union people can travel easily between countries without a lot of restrictions), temporarily (for some time), suspend (put off, stop).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.